1. Whitney Houston – I’m Every Woman (Eu Sou Todas as Mulheres): História e Curiosidades
Com uma produção eletrizante de dance-pop e R&B, vocais potentes e arrebatadores e uma mensagem de empoderamento feminino absoluto, "I'm Every Woman" é um dos maiores clássicos regravados dos anos 90. Lançada em dezembro de 1992 pela lendária Whitney Houston através do selo Arista Records (integrando a trilha sonora histórica do filme O Guarda-Costas / The Bodyguard), a faixa tornou-se um mega-hit mundial e uma presença obrigatória na programação da nossa Web Rádio.
Confira acima o som selecionado pela nossa equipe!
2. A História de Whitney Houston e o Hit
Nascida em Newark, Nova Jersey, Whitney Houston já era a maior voz da música pop mundial quando aceitou o desafio de estrelar seu primeiro filme no cinema, O Guarda-Costas, ao lado de Kevin Costner. A trilha sonora do filme tornou-se o álbum mais vendido de todos os tempos, e "I'm Every Woman" foi escolhida como o segundo single para impulsionar ainda mais o sucesso estrondoso do projeto.
Embora a versão original tenha sido gravada em 1978 pela diva da disco music Chaka Khan (composta pelo lendário duo Ashford & Simpson), a releitura de Whitney elevou a música a outro patamar. Com arranjos modernos liderados por David Foster e pela própria Whitney, a faixa ganhou uma energia vibrante nas pistas de dança, misturando a essência do soul com batidas enérgicas de dance-club.
3. Outros Principais Sucessos da Artista
I Will Always Love You (1992)
Greatest Love of All (1985)
I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) (1987)
How Will I Know (1985)
4. Significado e Temática da Letra
A letra é um hino definitivo de autoconfiança, força e versatilidade feminina, proclamando que as mulheres são capazes de fazer tudo, cuidar de todos os papéis com excelência e irradiar energia positiva.
"I'm every woman, it's all in me Anything you want done, baby, I'll do it naturally I'm every woman, it's all in me I can read your thoughts right now, every one from A to Z" — Whitney Houston (originalmente por Chaka Khan)
5. Curiosidades e Impacto Cultural
O Encontro das Divas: No videoclipe icônico de Whitney Houston, a própria Chaka Khan faz uma participação especial sorrindo e cantando junto com Whitney, em um momento de pura celebração e respeito mútuo entre duas das maiores vozes da história da música.
O Fenômeno do Filme O Guarda-Costas: A trilha sonora vendeu mais de 45 milhões de cópias em todo o mundo, transformando "I'm Every Woman" em um hino constante nas rádios, nas pistas de dança e em festas de flashback.
Tesouro dos Colecionadores: Os LPs originais, as fitas cassete comemorativas e os disputados CDs singles e maxi-singles de 12 polegadas da trilha sonora de The Bodyguard são itens altamente cobiçados por colecionadores de pop e R&B em todo o planeta.
E você, qual memória essa música te traz? Lembra de curtir essa superprodução nas rádios ou de assistir ao filme na época?
Deixe seu comentário abaixo e não se esqueça de compartilhar este post com os amigos apaixonados por Flashback 90s, Pop e R&B!
Curta também a nossa Web Rádio para ouvir o melhor da música de época 24 horas por dia! Um Abração
" ENGLISH VERSION "
1. Whitney Houston – I’m Every Woman: History and Curiosities
Driven by an electrifying dance-pop and R&B production, powerhouse soaring vocals, and an empowering message of ultimate female strength, "I'm Every Woman" stands as one of the greatest cover anthems of the 1990s. Released in December 1992 by legendary icon Whitney Houston on the Arista Records label (featured on the historic soundtrack to the film The Bodyguard), the track became a massive global smash and an essential staple in our Web Radio programming.
Check out the track selected by our team above!
2. The History of Whitney Houston and the Hit
Born in Newark, New Jersey, Whitney Houston was already the undisputed voice of global pop music when she took on the challenge of starring in her cinematic debut, The Bodyguard, alongside Kevin Costner. The film's soundtrack became the best-selling soundtrack album of all time, and "I'm Every Woman" was chosen as the second single to further propel the project's unprecedented success.
Though originally recorded in 1978 by disco diva Chaka Khan (written by the legendary songwriting duo Ashford & Simpson), Whitney’s explosive reimagining took the song to entirely new heights. With modern arrangements helmed by David Foster and Whitney herself, the track gained an infectious club energy, seamlessly blending classic soul roots with high-octane dance beats.
3. Other Major Hits by the Artist
I Will Always Love You (1992)
Greatest Love of All (1985)
I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) (1987)
How Will I Know (1985)
4. Song Meaning and Lyrics
The lyrics serve as an ultimate anthem of self-confidence, power, and female versatility, proclaiming that women possess inner strength and capability to handle every aspect of life with grace and brilliance.
"I'm every woman, it's all in me Anything you want done, baby, I'll do it naturally I'm every woman, it's all in me I can read your thoughts right now, every one from A to Z" — Whitney Houston (originally by Chaka Khan)
5. Curiosities and Cultural Impact
A Meeting of Queens: In Whitney Houston's iconic music video, Chaka Khan herself makes a special guest appearance, singing and sharing the screen with Whitney in a beautiful celebration of mutual respect and sisterhood between two vocal titan legends.
The Bodyguard Phenomenon: The soundtrack sold over 45 million copies worldwide, cementing "I'm Every Woman" as a permanent fixture on radio airwaves, dance floors, and flashback playlists globally.
Collector's Gem: Original vinyl LPs, commemorative cassettes, and highly sought-after CD singles and 12-inch maxi-singles from The Bodyguard soundtrack are prized relics among pop and R&B collectors worldwide.
And you, what memories does this song bring back? Do you remember grooving to this powerhouse track back in the day?
Leave your comment below and don't forget to share this post with friends who are passionate about 90s Flashback, Pop, and R&B!
Enjoy our Web Radio as well to listen to the best vintage music 24 hours a day! Big Hug!